Happy New Year
From the ParkFlyer Podcast Team. Season 2 is just around the corner and we have some great shows for you and some new guests. We hope 2017 brings blue skies and new gear!.
Parkflyer Podcast Staff!.
Its always a pleasure to have special guest on our show, especially ones that have worked in the hobby. Larry was part of a testing group that took on the task of testing out a variety of receivers for long range and connection tests. It was interesting talking to him about what he found. He was also able to work with the folks over at Lemon receivers and do some initial testing for them. He joins us from Colorado Springs, Co to discuss the topic of receivers and Open Tx firmware as a follow up to our Radio episode. Thanks for Joining us Larry and look forward to having you on our show again
We wanted to release a Christmas episode for all the wonderful gifts we were thinking about this year. Michael and Jay talk about some great gifts for under the tree and get a chance to call Mike B and Larry M again to see what is on their holiday lists. Please checkout our Episode page for all the weblinks to the products we discuss. If you decide to pick up any of the products we suggest please come back to our website and leave a comment about your purchase. If you subscribe to our podcast please leave us a comment and log onto iTunes and give us a star rating and review. We are also on RC Groups now as well so check us out. Thanks and have a great Holiday Season.
Compatible Transmitters Include: DX6e, DX6G2/G3, DX7G2, DX8G2, DX9 (Silver & Black Editions,) D18G2, DX20
Some of the new Features & Improvements include:
– A Lap Timer system has been added to aid FPV racers.
(This feature is not available on the DX20)
– Auto-Config is now on the first Telemetry menu, making it simpler for pilots to configure their telemetry systems.
– Added support for new telemetry receivers to report Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI). This shows as either a dBm or percentage (you select which in Telemetry Flight Log setup screen). This strength is shown on appropriate telemetry screens and during Range Test, where it can be useful for locating lost models.
– Complete telemetry support for Alpha-6, generic Gyro, and 6-cell and 14-cell LiPo sensors.
– The Timer system now includes the ability to have switches other than CLEAR button to reset the timer(s) separately.
– Complete support for user-defined telemetry sensors per the Spektrum™ Telemetry specification document found on a telemetry device’s product page.
To see a complete list of features, improvements and corrections please log into your My Spektrum account and visit the “Download Updates” section for the transmitter you wish to update.
Michael and Jay discuss the pros and cons of a three channel and four channel set up. Using the rudder or aileron channel. Michael gets a chance to go to the park and have group discussion with the guys on the same topic. Let us hear your thoughts on how you set up your three channel receivers.
Our new episodes are up and running. Please feel free to download them and give them a listen. We have been working hard to try to make our episodes available to everyone, we hope you enjoy the show and would appreciate you leaving comments and ratings. Thanks for joining us as we discuss our RC adventures and want to make our content worthwhile. We can always use show topics and if you would like suggest one please feel free. You can email your hosts at email@example.com or just post a comment on our website.